Specs For The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Chevrolet (www.chevrolet.com) has released the price and specifications for the 2014 Corvette Stingray. The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.” Several options are available for the 2014 Stingray, including a 3LT interior package with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005) and the Z51 Performance Package ($2,800).
Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray includes:
• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment
• Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
• New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
• 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
• Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
• Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model’s structure
• Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
• Dual, eight-inch configurable driver / infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
• Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio,Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
• Keyless access with push-button start
• Power tilt / telescope steering wheel
• An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob
The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color headup display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.
The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmissioncooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control activehandling system with Performance Traction Management.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year.
Corvette Stingray: 0 To 60 In 3.8 Seconds
Chevrolet released official performance estimates for the 2014 Corvette Stingray, the most capable standard Corvette the company has ever built. When equipped with the available Z51 Performance Package, the new Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds, braking from 60 to 0 in 107 feet and sustaining 1.03 g in cornering. Cumulatively, the acceleration, cornering and braking capability of the Corvette Stingray enabled it to lap the Virginia International Raceway’s (VIR) 4.2-mile “Grand Course” in 2:51.78.
“For the new Stingray, we set out to elevate every aspect of the Corvette’s performance,” said Tadge Juechter, Corvette chief engineer. “Considered alone, the acceleration, braking and cornering performance of the Corvette Stingray is truly impressive. More significant is how well they work together, resulting in a lap time at VIR that places the new Stingray in the upper echelon of all sports cars.”
Breakdown of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51:
• Acceleration from 0 to 60 mph 3.8 seconds
• Quarter-mile acceleration 12 seconds at 119 mph
• Braking distance from 60 to 0 mph 107 feet
• Maximum lateral acceleration 1.03 G
• VIR ‘Grand Course’ Lap 2:51.78
The lap around VIR was conducted in Stingray equipped with the available Z51 Performance Package and Magnetic Ride Control. The vehicle that conducted the lap was modified only with safety features like a racing seat and harness, and fire extinguisher system.
“The new Stingray constantly communicates feedback to the driver, which makes you feel incredibly confident behind the wheel,” said Jim Mero, Corvette vehicle dynamics engineer. “That confidence encourages you to attack each corner because the Stingray drives so well: the tire grip is incredible; the steering response is some of the best I’ve ever experienced; the Magnetic Ride dampers allow little body roll through the corner, while still soaking up the rumble strips when you clip the apex. It’s just addictive on the track.”