The Locator Celebrates 60 Years In Business
The Locator is proud to celebrate 60 years in business this month. The business was founded by John Holmes in 1957 in Whiting, Iowa. The business grew from an auto salvage pamphlet, the Salvage Locator, to The Parts Locator, a monthly magazine that publishes part listings auto and truck dismantling yards across the country. Today, The Locator Magazine, still features listings from auto recycling facilities, but also includes photos of classic vehicles, editorial and display advertisements. It is mailed to body and mechanical repair shops, insurance agencies and auto recycling facilities nationwide.
Over the years the Locator, www.partslocator.com/About-Us/, has added several other products. It publishes the quarterly Locator UpFront, which includes features about members of the auto recycling industry, and the Locator’s Directory, which lists auto recycling facilities and industry suppliers. All of The Locator’s publications are produced in-house. The Locator launched an updated website, www.partslocator.com, in 2012 and added a newsletter and blog. It has also recently launched a Classics Search, www.partslocator.com/Classics/.
The Locator continues to help bridge the gap between auto repairer and recycler by promoting the use of recycled auto parts. It is proud to be a member of the auto recycling community.