ARA Holds Next Event In Charlotte, N.C.
The Automotive Recyclers Association (ARA) will bring its 72nd convention and trade show to the Queen City, Charlotte, N.C., on October 7 - 10, 2015 (www.araexpo.org).
The 2015 show, held in the heart of NASCAR country, is deemed “The Fast Track To Success!” Besides planning entertainment events surrounding NASCAR - like attending the Sprint Cup Series Bank of America 500 on Saturday, Oct. 10. - the annual convention will provide attendees with invaluable information about their business and the industry. Nearly 35 educational sessions will be held over three days on a variety of topics. Some of these sessions include:
- The Takata Air Bag Litigation Update
- Seven Drivers Of Faster Growth & Profits
- State Of The Salvage Market: Volume, Value & Tackling Illegal Operators in the UK & US
- Three Things You Need To Do To Survive & Grow
- Exit Planning: How To Build A Business You Can Leave With Pride
- Ecommerce: Increase Your Profits By Selling Online
- Building A Safety Culture - Beyond Steel-Toed Shoes
- The Black Hole: What You Don’t Know About Cores & Commodities
- Electronic Procurement & What It Means To Today’s Recyclers
Several meetings will also be held, including the affiliate chapters meeting, Board of Directors meeting, the Ladies of Automotive Recyclers Association (LARA) breakfast and meetings for several ARA committees, including the educational and scholarship foundation, CAR, electronic commerce, PAC, government affairs, regional directors, events advisory, technical advisory, Gold Seal and safety.
The keynote speakers are Bobby Triesch, vice president of operations for Newell Recycling, Tony Aquila, the chairman and CEO of Solera Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Hollander, Inc. and Mark Rosekind, Ph.D., National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Some of the other speakers are auto recyclers, suppliers and experts, including:
- Sandy Blalock, managing director of New Mexico Certified Automotive Recyclers Association
- John “JC” Cahill, owner and general manager of New England Auto & Truck Recyclers
- Chad Counselman, owner, Counselman Automotive Recycling, LLC
- Chad Counts & Robert Counts, Counts Business Consulting, LLC
- Benny Cunningham, co-owner, Cunningham Brothers
- Paul D’Adamo, D’Adamo Associates
- Jim McKinney, owner, EZ Route
- George C. Metos, business broker, Business Brokering by George
- Lyle Peluso, Jr., president, Panhandle Converter Recycling
- Jeff Schroder, CEO, Car-Part.com
- Eric & Amy Schulz, AAA Auto Salvage
The event will also include an exposition with nearly 100 exhibitors, The Locator being one of them. The Past Presidents Reception kicks off the expo on Thursday night at 5. The expo is also open on Friday from 1:15 - 5:15 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. - Noon. The expo is a great opportunity for attendees to learn about the latest industry technologies and advancements, plus network with suppliers and other auto recyclers.
Besides The Locator, attendees can visit the booths of several industry suppliers like Brock Supply, Hollander, Wells Fargo, Car-Part.com, Copart, Phoenix Automotive Cores and many others. All booths are completely sold out.
The annual ARA Convention & Exposition is a great way for all auto recyclers, both veterans and those new to the industry, to gain invaluable information about the industry. The Locator attends every year. It’s a great opportunity to meet up with our customers and friends in the industry. Face-to-face time
“I look forward to seeing all of my customers and getting that Kodak special moment from them,” said Cindy VanAuken, Locator sales representative. We’ll see you in Charlotte in October!